Requirements for Eligibility:
Global Deeds is collaborating with a significant number of institutions to help us select students world-wide who meet our criteria to earn scholarship awards. You could apply for stipend awards of $500-1,000, and if you have completed a year as a certified member of a GD-Hub, you can apply for the more prestigious scholarship awards within our organization depending upon your academic performance, your results within the program, and availability of funds. Special awards will be provided to those students with a remarkable story of overcoming adversity.
Below are some general requirements:
- Student must be a senior in high school and accepted into a 2 or 4-year college or university. All students must be nominated by a faculty/administrator. Nomination forms are located at your school’s guidance counselors’ office.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 for small awards and of 3.5 for awards of $5,000 and above. Those students who are recognized for their outstanding ability to overcome hardships and who have a serious intention of using their education to help resolve significant social problems, can apply for scholarships of $20,000 or more
- A certified copy of the student’s transcript mailed from the honoring institution.
- Student should be able to demonstrate exceptional record of behavior and community involvement within the last two years prior to the scholarship award.
- Two references: one from a teacher/administrator and one from an employer
- Student must have an acceptance letter to attend college the semester following his or her high school graduation, or funds could also be used for a one/two year apprenticeship program within a reputable institution.
- An interview process is required for scholarship recipients of more than $1,000.
- Student must demonstrate a genuine need for these funds.
- A student essay is required (1000 words maximum).
- Application form (below) (Deadline TBA)