Volunteer Job Description
This position is for an entry-level to mid-career media and public relation professional, who would be responsible for providing administrative support in relation to PR.
If you are looking for opportunity to grow your portfolio of clients, this would be a great fit for your needs. We are looking for a knowledgeable, efficient and creative natural communicator who likes the excitement of new challenges and who is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
You will be ask to help us shape and protect our corporate image in ways that promote our organization, values and mission.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.)
- Respectfully suggest innovative ideas in brainstorming meetings (once per week)
- Assist with the organization and execution of events, such as press conferences, photo booths at galas, etc
- Create PR content, such as newsletters, speeches, press releases, social media posts, and other media announcements.
- Proofread press releases, presentations, videos, infographics, and interview questions
- As a PR professional, we would expect that you have had already built and maintain long-term relations with key individuals within the media (magazines, newspapers, blogs, television, radio, etc), and that you continue to grow your network.
- Examine and document media coverage
- Develop and help us implement efficient PR metrics
- Update contact databases
- Create project-specific media lists to support PR team
- Maintain archives for press kits
- Perform a variety of different administrative tasks including filling out forms to participate in public events, cleaning email lists, and testing emails before sending
Requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as PR Public Relations Assistant for a minimum of 2 year(s).
- BSc/BA in public relations, communications or relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of PR and marketing process and best practices
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- Familiarity with video production
- Applicable knowledge of copywriting and editing
- Experience with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Knowledge of online ads management and monetization
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Attention to details
- Ability to work independently with little instruction and as part of a team