Volunteer Blogger Job Description
We are looking for a talented Blogger with a large followup to generate original content for Global Deeds that is engaging and related to the latest trends and news. The Blogger will promote the blog via social media and email in order to improve our readership. Proven track record of online marketing expertise is desired.
This position requires a high level of creativity, analytical thinking skills and writing skills.
- Generating, researching, and pitching ideas for posts.
- Writing, editing, publishing, and promoting content.
- Promoting new posts using advertisements, emails, social media, and other methods to alert and attract new readers.
- Advocating and educating others about interests, products, or services.
- Maximizing site traffic by utilizing Search Engine Optimization keywords.
- Inviting other bloggers, experts, or other notable guests to contribute content to the webpage.
- Monitoring responses to posts via the website, social media, or other platforms to better understand the audience.
- Staying current on industry trends for possible opportunities to attract new readers or create stronger, more engaging content.
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Peer-reviewed publications preferred
- Contributor for reputable publications, such as Forbes and the Huffington Post
- Exceptional writing, research, and communication skills.
- Creativity and adaptability.
- Strong background writing on the topics of education, workforce development and the future of work, among other issues affecting teenagers
- Proficiency with computers, especially content management software, social media platforms, MS Office, and SEO keywords, basic understanding of HTML
- Ability to provide content on a timely manner