Global Deeds is devoted to disrupting the cycle of poverty by assisting schools, nonprofits, and corporations to empower disadvantaged youth through innovative education and employment. Students develop the skill set needed for personal and career success after going through our training programs. With our collaborative network of corporate sponsors and advocates, we will cultivate enthusiasm in the next generation and ultimately reduce poverty rates in the Global Deeds community and beyond.
We are looking for a talented Blogger / Content Creator with a large follow-up to generate original content for Global Deeds that is engaging and related to the latest trends and news. The Blogger will promote the blog via social media and email in order to improve our readership. Proven track record of online marketing expertise is required.
This position requires a high level of creativity, analytical thinking skills, and writing skills.
Please note that all content will go through a process of approval and the topics are to be discussed on a weekly basis. Once approved and publish, all content will be considered to be property of Global Deeds Foundation under the name of the blogger / contributor. All topics are in relation to current situations that teenagers are going through (personal, school-related, and work-related).
- Generating, researching, and pitching ideas for posts.
- Writing, editing, publishing, and promoting content (directed to public high school teachers, students, and administrators, in addition to writing about general issues affecting the 41 communities we choose to support).
- Promoting new posts using advertisements, emails, social media, and other methods to alert and attract new readers.
- Advocating and educating others about interests, products, or services.
- Maximizing site traffic by utilizing Search Engine Optimization keywords.
- Inviting other bloggers, experts, or other notable guests to contribute content to the webpage.
- Monitoring responses to posts via the website, social media, or other platforms to better understand the audience.
- Generating audience reports every 15 days
- Staying current on industry trends for possible opportunities to attract new readers or create stronger, more engaging content.
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Peer-reviewed publications preferred
- Contributor for reputable publications, such as Forbes and the Huffington Post
- Exceptional writing, research, and communication skills.
- Creativity and adaptability.
- Strong background writing on the topics of education, workforce development and the future of work, among other issues affecting teenagers
- Proficiency with computers, especially content management software, social media platforms, MS Office, and SEO keywords, basic understanding of HTML
- Ability to provide content on a timely manner
-Networking and expanding your outreach
-Global Deeds t-shirt and bag
-Letters of recommendation for work and/or school
-Video testimonials of your work
-Possibility of using your Federal Work Study funds to assist us under the supervision of a staff member or professor at your college/university (if applicable)
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT:
Deep respect for others is fundamental to the Global Deeds community. We thrive as we embrace diversity at every level. Global Deeds Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate against any person based on actual or perceived race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, use of guide or support animals and/or mechanical aids, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.